|NDACo's Mark Johnson & Terry Traynor with Gov. Jack Dalrymple following bill signing on SB 2103|
With the stroke of a pen, Governor Jack Dalrymple approved $1.1 billion to go out quickly throughout North Dakota. Gov. Dalrymple signed into law SB 2103 otherwise known as the Surge bill. The funding will now be immediately available for infrastructure projects and other critical needs, primarily in the state's oil-producing region.
Senate Bill 2103 includes:
• $450 million for state highway improvement projects in oil region.• $240 million for the state’s top 10 oil-producing counties.
• $172 million for the cities of Williston, Watford City, Dickinson and Minot.
• $112 million for counties outside the state’s oil production region.
• $100 million for other cities within the top 10 oil-producing counties.
• $16 million for townships outside the state’s oil production region.
• $10 million for cities within eligible counties bordering the Oil Patch.