- $23 million direct property tax relief
- Freeze on social service budgets at 2015 levels
- Exemptions related to increase case load or other emergency needs can be forwarded to DHS for budgetary consideration
- Social service employee salaries eligible for same cost of living adjustments as state employees for 2016 & 2017
- Adjustment for health insurance and retirement
- Interim legislative committee to study further tax relief related to social services
- Task Force of human service professionals and county officials to develop feasibility and transition plan during interim to be shared with interim committee
- Services remain LOCAL.
- Changes effective Jan 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
Friday, April 24, 2015
Senate Unanimously Passes County Social Service Funding Bill
Senators approved SB 2206 (47-0) relating to County Social Service funding. The House will now have to vote on the bill as it came out off conference committee. The bill allows for the state to take over the foster care grants portion of social services and other program costs. $23 million will go towards the effort, leading to direct property tax relief. A detailed explaination of the issue is found in the last post. But here are a few highlights of the bill:
- ► 2016 (21)
- 64th Legislative Session Comes to Close
- ND Lawmakers Take First Step in Funding Social Ser...
- Legislators Summarize Tax Relief
- Legislature approves lower oil tax
- Senate Unanimously Passes County Social Service Fu...
- Conference Committee Reaches Agreement on Social S...
- Additional Road Funding Approved
- Conference Committees Make Progress
- Human Service Eligibility Determination Software
- Oil Extraction "Tigger on the Trigger" Tax Proposa...
- NDACo Week 15 Legislative Report
- Senate Kills "Mills to Cents" proposal
- House Passes Significant County Issues
- "Mills to Cents" proposal gets Do Not Pass Recomme...
- NDACo Week 14 Legislative Report.
- Senate Approves Update to Voter ID Law
- Legislation Removes Auditors from Game & Fish lice...
- Senate passes amended HB 1176
- NDACo Week 13 Legislative Report
- House committee passes out Social Services Funding...
- ▼ April (20)