The Senate has defeated HB 1055 otherwise known as the "Mills to Cents" proposal. Thursday morning's vote was 3-43. Killing this bill was a huge priority for the auditors who were at the Senate hearing on this bill in full force to make sure their concerns were heard. The 155 page bill did one thing; it removed any reference of mills in the code and replaced it with cents. Senator Dwight Cook told the Senate he was not convinced the change would make it easier for taxpayers to understand their tax statements. He referenced that the state can remove reference of mills from the tax statement without having to change the entire tax system.
- ► 2016 (21)
- 64th Legislative Session Comes to Close
- ND Lawmakers Take First Step in Funding Social Ser...
- Legislators Summarize Tax Relief
- Legislature approves lower oil tax
- Senate Unanimously Passes County Social Service Fu...
- Conference Committee Reaches Agreement on Social S...
- Additional Road Funding Approved
- Conference Committees Make Progress
- Human Service Eligibility Determination Software
- Oil Extraction "Tigger on the Trigger" Tax Proposa...
- NDACo Week 15 Legislative Report
- Senate Kills "Mills to Cents" proposal
- House Passes Significant County Issues
- "Mills to Cents" proposal gets Do Not Pass Recomme...
- NDACo Week 14 Legislative Report.
- Senate Approves Update to Voter ID Law
- Legislation Removes Auditors from Game & Fish lice...
- Senate passes amended HB 1176
- NDACo Week 13 Legislative Report
- House committee passes out Social Services Funding...
- ▼ April (20)