HB 1055: "Mills to Cents" - Morton County Auditor Dawn Rhone and Burleigh County Auditor Kevin Glatt provided testimony along with Terry Traynor from NDACo on behalf of County Commissioners. You can read the testimony under the testimony tab on the left side of the blog page.
HB 1058: "Truth in Taxation" - Terry testified in opposition to the Truth in Taxation notices but offered an alternative proposal for committee members to consider. If the bill could be amended to include NDACo's suggestions, we would support the bill. Following Terry's testimony representatives from cities, parks and schools told committee members they also oppose the bill but support the alternative plan. Committee members appeared interested in the Counties proposal.
HB 1057: "Assessment increase notice changes" - Dickey County Tax Director Don Flaherty testified in support of the bill.
- ► 2016 (21)
- NDACo Week #4 Report
- ND Senate Passes "Surge" bill
- County States Attorneys, Sheriffs express concern ...
- ND Counties Testify on SB 2206: Social Service Fun...
- NDACo Week #3 Report
- "Surge" infrastructure funding bill update
- ND Counties Support Property Tax Reform Plan
- Legislative Update
- VIDEO: North Dakota Counties Support "Surge" Fundi...
- Week #2 Report
- Legislative Action for Monday, Jan 12th
- NDACo Week 1 Report
- Legislative action for Wed. January 7th
- NDACo Weekly Legislative Report - Pre-Session
- ▼ January (14)